Honor and Blood: ASoIF RPG

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

An RPG forum for fans of A Song of Ice and Fire.

3 posters

The Saltpans

Cadmon Storm
    Cadmon Storm

The Saltpans - Page 3 Empty Re: The Saltpans

Post  Cadmon Storm Wed Jun 08, 2011 12:36 am

Upon hearing the stifled cry, Cadmon tosses the stick aside. He pulls back the flap of the tent and stands there, lit from behind by the embers of a weak fire and the starlight, looking down at Mina's barely-covered form.

"Forgive me, was I keeping you awake?"

He slips into the tent, barely able to hold them both without them being intimately close, and he takes a look at her wound, to see if it's come open.
    The Lily Knight
    The Lily Knight

Post  The Lily Knight Wed Jun 08, 2011 12:42 am

My bandage is soaked with blood and I'm paler than white marble.

No, you didn't. I'm sorry if I startled your watch.

I start to shake slightly. I mentally begin to pray to the Seven to keep me alive. At this point, I just don't care for propriety any more and I lean in a bit toward him for the comfort of human company. His skin feels cool against my cheek.
    Cadmon Storm
    Cadmon Storm

Post  Cadmon Storm Wed Jun 08, 2011 12:46 am

He lays a hand on her cheek, feeling the trembling in her jaw. His other hand slides her shift up and removes the bloody bandage from her wound. He then draws his dagger, Valyrian steel cutting away part of a trouser cuff, which he presses into it to ensure the bleeding stops.

"My watch includes you, keeping an eye on you to make sure you don't expire on me during the night. Wouldn't be convenient for either of us, I imagine."
    The Lily Knight
    The Lily Knight

Post  The Lily Knight Wed Jun 08, 2011 12:50 am

I gasp from the pressure on the wound and fight back tears.

For that I am in your debt. Thank you.

I rest trembling against him and I know I'm starting a fever.

If I sound crazy, forgive me... I fear I'm getting a fever.
    Cadmon Storm
    Cadmon Storm

Post  Cadmon Storm Wed Jun 08, 2011 1:05 am

"Lay back. Try to relax."

He leaves the tent for but a moment, returning quickly with a soft cloth soaked in water. He lays it across her forehead.

"That should help with the fever."

He sits beside her, looking her over, making sure he hasn't missed anything.
    The Lily Knight
    The Lily Knight

Post  The Lily Knight Wed Jun 08, 2011 1:09 am

You know, I knew I'd die a maid since no man would want "a bitch with steel" as some have said. I just never thought I might be this young. I wanted to do things, save people, help bring some good back into these kingdoms that the dogs of Lannister and the Kingslayer have tried to kill. If I'm too forward, sorry, but are you untainted? Just curiousity mind you... and I believe I'm rambling. Fantastic. I lay my head on your leg, throwing propriety out the window.
    Cadmon Storm
    Cadmon Storm

Post  Cadmon Storm Wed Jun 08, 2011 2:35 pm

He listens, blinking a bit, and lets her head come to rest against his thigh. After a moment, he lays his hand against her hair, letting his fingers move through it.

"I spent most of my middle childhood years in Braavos. Growing up there as a gull on the docks meant I was always working, always learning, and always brushing against the temptations of a city on the crossroads of the sea. Exotic delights from everywhere in the world pass through there. A young man coming into his own can only resist those temptations for so long."

He strokes her hair again, considering his thoughts and his instincts. He'd spent months at sea to return to Westeros and some time after focused on acquiring what he'd need for the journey ahead of him. The temptations of which he spoke had faded along with the skyline of Braavos, its Titan bold against the clouds, and yet now a lady had literally fallen into his lap. He took a deep breath.

"We're not terribly different, you and I. You wear your plate and I an easy smile. Yet we're both here to seize destinies that might otherwise be denied us, to bring light where it seems darkness reigns. I think, if we work together, the light we wish to kindle may shine all the brighter."
    The Lily Knight
    The Lily Knight

Post  The Lily Knight Wed Jun 08, 2011 7:44 pm

I can't help but close my eyes and sigh in enjoyment at feeling a hand through my hair.

I never knew that it could feel so nice having someone touch my hair... I've never been this close to another person besides my mother. Sad, I know. I would like to stay with you for a while, that is if you don't mind. What is Braavos like? Is it as pretty as they say? With the sky blue waters?

I press closer against him to savor the human contact. I can feel the trembling lessening.
    Cadmon Storm
    Cadmon Storm

Post  Cadmon Storm Wed Jun 08, 2011 8:56 pm

"It is. The Titan that greets you the harbor is a lot like much of Braavos itself: graceful and breathtaking while being larger than life and occasionally obnoxiously loud."

He smiles, stroking her hair. The tent's done little to abate the humidity but he doesn't seem to mind the presence of her cheek against his thigh or the feel of her breath wafting around him.

"The waters around the city are indeed blue, and deep. Closer in and around the docks they get a bit muddier. You don't have to go far, though, to see the sea that makes Braavos so famous."
    The Lily Knight
    The Lily Knight

Post  The Lily Knight Wed Jun 08, 2011 8:59 pm

Tell me more... I want to hear everything you're willing to tell me. Why did you leave Westeros? Do you have any family? Why did you come back since you left?

I blush, realizing how nosy I sound.

Forgive me, I shouldn't be so nosy... I just really want to know all about you. And I want you to know me.
    Cadmon Storm
    Cadmon Storm

Post  Cadmon Storm Wed Jun 08, 2011 9:18 pm

He looks down at her and smiles.

"Bastards have little in the way of family, but I don't have to tell you that, do I? And honestly, m'lady, I can't learn much about you if I'm doing all the talking."
    The Lily Knight
    The Lily Knight

Post  The Lily Knight Wed Jun 08, 2011 9:27 pm

True. My mother was a lady in waiting to Lady Tyrell before she got pregnant with me. The early memories I had of her were her complaining about how I caused her to lose everything. She hated me. When I was seven she died. I've been on my own ever since, getting odd jobs here and there to keep food in my belly. The only friend I've ever had was a one-eared, three-legged cat that was near the smithy in Highgarden. One of the local boys killed it for sport.
    Cadmon Storm
    Cadmon Storm

Post  Cadmon Storm Wed Jun 08, 2011 9:36 pm

Cadmon makes a tsk sound.

"No reason to kill a cat, even if it's being bothersome, unless it's diseased in some way. I didn't have much in the way of pets in either Braavos or Storm's End."
    The Lily Knight
    The Lily Knight

Post  The Lily Knight Wed Jun 08, 2011 9:41 pm

I stifle a yawn.

Thank you. I feel sleep starting to over take me. I let myself start to drift to sleep.
    Cadmon Storm
    Cadmon Storm

Post  Cadmon Storm Wed Jun 08, 2011 9:43 pm

Cadmon watches her drift off with a smile, then stays awake as long as he's able, looking out the flap of the tent at the dank, heavy night before his own eyelids begin to grow heavy.
    The Lily Knight
    The Lily Knight

Post  The Lily Knight Wed Jun 08, 2011 9:55 pm

I wake up in the dead of night, chilled by the suddenly colder air. I look up at Cad, and for once I feel normal, like I found somewhere that I actually, possibly, might belong. I slowly force myself up to keep from waking him, untangling his fingers from my hair. I check my bandage, which I now notice is his trouser cuff. I slowly make my way out of the tent, make my water, and go to the stream to clean my wound. I wash the cuff, and feel the softness of the fabric. Most of the blood came out, thankfully. I tuck it carefully into my pack, and get out a fresh bandage and tunic. After I change, I sit and watch him sleep.
    Cadmon Storm
    Cadmon Storm

Post  Cadmon Storm Thu Jun 09, 2011 12:13 am

His knees are drawn up to his chest, the sheathed slender sword between his chest and his thighs. Despite his change in position he seems sound asleep. His cheek rests on his knee, hair falling across his closed eyes as he breathes long and deep.
    The Lily Knight
    The Lily Knight

Post  The Lily Knight Thu Jun 09, 2011 8:13 pm

Realizing I can't just sit here and stare at him, I get up and go into the woods to gather wood for a fire for the morning.
    Cadmon Storm
    Cadmon Storm

Post  Cadmon Storm Sun Jun 12, 2011 11:35 pm

When morning comes, Cadmon rouses to find a fire built. He steps out of the tend to find a rabbit on a spit. He blinks, and peers through the fire's smoke at the Lily Knight.

"Is this your doing?"
    The Lily Knight
    The Lily Knight

Post  The Lily Knight Mon Jun 13, 2011 8:27 pm

Yes, I did. Figured you'd like a hot breakfast for a change.

She takes the rabbit off the spit and cuts it in half with her knife, warm juice running clear from the meat.

Hope you like it. She begins to pick at her half of the rabbit.
    Cadmon Storm
    Cadmon Storm

Post  Cadmon Storm Mon Jun 13, 2011 8:41 pm

He gratefully takes his half and tucks into it. After a few succulent bites he wipes his mouth with the back of his hand.

"I don't know about you, but I think we should find ourselves gainful employment with a landed House. It's probably the best way to ensure honest work. I think the closest place to which we can pledge ourselves if Riverrun. If you've a mind to do so, that is."

The Lily Knight
    The Lily Knight

Post  The Lily Knight Mon Jun 13, 2011 8:49 pm

Well, it's not like I have any other place to go... Very well. Are you hungry for more? She has barely touched her rabbit, eating only a few mouthfuls.
    Cadmon Storm
    Cadmon Storm

Post  Cadmon Storm Mon Jun 13, 2011 8:51 pm

He blinks, studying her.

"I'll take it off your hands if you're truly not hungry. How do you feel? Would you like me to take a look at your wound before we strap your armor on?"
    The Lily Knight
    The Lily Knight

Post  The Lily Knight Mon Jun 13, 2011 8:59 pm

She keeps her eyes lowered on the dying fire, using a stick to extinguish the coals.

Here, you finish this and I'll pack up so we can head to Riverrun.
    Cadmon Storm
    Cadmon Storm

Post  Cadmon Storm Mon Jun 13, 2011 9:19 pm

Nodding and not saying another word, Cadmon finishes off the rabbit. He then makes sure his courser is watered and tended to before breaking down the tent and returning it to his backpack.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 8:00 am