Honor and Blood: ASoIF RPG

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

An RPG forum for fans of A Song of Ice and Fire.

3 posters

Oldcastle and White Harbor

Rhory Locke
    Rhory Locke

Oldcastle and White Harbor - Page 3 Empty Re: Oldcastle and White Harbor

Post  Rhory Locke Wed Jun 08, 2011 11:56 pm

Rhory feels overcome as her life's experiences, her emotions, her very thoughts crash into his mind like a giant wave pounding the cliffs below Oldcastle. And in her sorrow he feels echoes of his own. And having opened himself to Mina just as she now opens herself to him, he feels as if something clicks inside him. As if remembering something he had lost.

As he comes out of the bond, he moves over to her and kisses the tears from her eyes and holds her to him as she cries. And you are never alone, never again for so long as I should live.
    Admin
    Admin
    Admin

Post  Admin Thu Jun 09, 2011 12:03 am

At first, she is tense as she has never been that vunerable around anyone. But shortly afterward she lets go and lets out the emotions she has bottled for far too many years. She clings to you like a drowning man to driftwood in the sea. She doesn't cry for that long, but time also seems to be much more relative now. She composes herself and sits up, looking you directly in the eyes.

I need you to answer this completely honestly Rhory. What are your intentions for your life now? Do you wish to follow the path of the leaves? Will you follow the winds, and the rain? Will you let the sun, moon and stars guide you? Will you honor everything Mother is, and everything She can be? Answer true, Rhory Locke, for your future depends upon the answer.

She is unusual serious after asking you.

Please answer true dear one.
    Rhory Locke
    Rhory Locke

Post  Rhory Locke Thu Jun 09, 2011 12:11 am

Rhory has always had an ability to read people. To get a true sense of who they were, no matter who they pretended to be. It didn't always work, but there were times when he could be sure. And now was one of them. He had sensed it before and the melding they had completed merely reinforced it. And somewhere deep inside him, he felt his blood responding to an ancient calling. He couldn't have been more sure had he tried.

Mina, everything I have seen, everything I have felt these last days, they all ring true to me. It... calls to me. It makes me feel like I belong in a way that only my brother, Aemund ever did before. I don't think I could fight this if I wanted to, I think it is meant to be. I think it has been meant to be for longer than I can imagine.

And he opens himself fully to her again, so that she can see his innermost thoughts. And there she reads the truth written clearly in his heart and in every fiber of his being.
    Admin
    Admin
    Admin

Post  Admin Thu Jun 09, 2011 12:21 am

Her eyes well with tears again, but her lips still hold a soft smile. She speaks to you for the first time, and her voice sounds like a bubbling stream, the wind, and bird song all turned into one melodious tone.

Dear Heart, your words mean so much to me. Come, I have a gift to give you then.

She leads you over to the ancient weirwood. You notice one of the long roots of the weirwood has long red scars in it, like it was cut repeatedly in the same area.

As you have seen my memories dear one, you know that I have been around for a very long time, far longer than those who have not embraced the path. She takes her obsidian knife and cuts the root, and red sap pours forth. She cuts her hand and presses it into the sap. Her eyes completely turn to moss green and black, losing all the white briefly. In a deeper, older voice, she speaks again. If you wish to walk beside me until time sets on this world, give me your hand, and you and I shall be one yet two. One people, yet two persons. You shall no longer be that of your father and father's fathers. Your mother will be She Who Makes All, your father is He Who Reaps All, the one who ends what is made when the time comes. Do you accept?
    Rhory Locke
    Rhory Locke

Post  Rhory Locke Thu Jun 09, 2011 12:30 am

In response, Rhory merely places his hand in hers, palm up and completely in her power, trusting her implicitly. He bends forward and kisses her lips then leans slightly back as his eyes speak the promise that his mouth merely provides an accompaniment to.

"I accept. With all my heart. And pledge to serve She Who Makes All and He Who Reaps All for as long as they have need of me, and then to give my life back to them when they need it no more, when my tasks are all done."
    Admin
    Admin
    Admin

Post  Admin Thu Jun 09, 2011 12:37 am

Her eyes shine brightly like a star behind stained glass. She runs her thumbs gently over your palm before cutting your palm in an identical fashion to hers. She guides your hand into the sap and you feel you and the weirwood become united. You can feel the wind in its branches, the sun on its leaves, the sap running as blood in your veins. Your body begins to ache a bit painfully as parts of you change slightly. You become more lithe, and a bit taller. Your eyes completely match hers now. The sap is both ice and fire, freezing and burning you into a new life. After a moment that seems like an eternity, she takes your hand out of the sap, and presses it against hers, matching your wounds. You now feel a gentle warmth run through you, her very essense becoming a part of you, and you feel part of yourself merge with her. What seems like years later, but only a few moments, she pulls your hands apart and you see a faint scar where the cut had been.

You have done well. Come, let us feast and enjoy this new life for you! She spins gaily in a circle, laughing joyously. Her eyes have returned to normal, but sparkle still with the light of stars.
    Rhory Locke
    Rhory Locke

Post  Rhory Locke Thu Jun 09, 2011 12:48 am

Rhory pauses for a brief second, marveling at the changes within him. He presses his palm against the weirwood tree briefly, feeling the life pulse within it with a pulse that now matches his own. How different he was now from who he had been but a few days before and yet how much more complete he felt. His new body felt strangely right to him as if his old one had never quite fit properly before. His every move felt like liquid and his mind felt aware of everything around him in a quiet way that reminded him of something. Something elusive that he had never felt before.

He felt like he had come home for the first time ever.

And with a smile and laugh, he glides over to Mina, takes her in his arms and spins around in a circle in complete happiness, while Mina orbits him.
    Admin
    Admin
    Admin

Post  Admin Thu Jun 09, 2011 12:58 am

After the two of you eat some delicious venison, she sits next to you and rests her head comfortably against your shoulder.

You know, we need to make you new clothes now. She smiles.
    You'll soon find that those human-made materials are not the most comfortable for us, at least not all the metal. We are people of Mother, and metal is of the Reaper. It cuts us off from her connection. She stops for a second, and takes the crown of leaves, twigs and flowers out of her hair and strips out of her dress. Come, you could use some cool waters now! She goes to the nearby stream and walks in, sitting down into the cool, refreshing water. I find water is one of the best ways to connect to Mother. Come, sit beside me dear heart.
    Rhory Locke
    Rhory Locke

Post  Rhory Locke Thu Jun 09, 2011 1:07 am

"And here I thought they just felt uncomfortable because I had grown," he says as he smiles at Mina with a glitter in his eyes. He admires her lithe form and the gentle swaying of her hips as she walks down to the water and feels his blood stir within him. This was how it should be, he thought to himself as he unselfconsciously strips off his clothes and walked down to the stream to sit behind her, enfolding her in his arms as he does so and drawing her back against his chest.
    Admin
    Admin
    Admin

Post  Admin Thu Jun 09, 2011 1:10 am

She leans back into him and rests her head back onto his shoulder.

The most wonderful experience I've ever had was when I connected myself to a stream. I've never felt so calm and free. Try it, it feels fantastic!

Her hands run up and down your legs to relax you a bit as you try.
    Rhory Locke
    Rhory Locke

Post  Rhory Locke Thu Jun 09, 2011 1:23 am

Rhory opens his mind and tries to reach out to the stream. At first it's difficult, because it seems to constantly change as it flows by. But then after a few minutes of trying he finally catches onto it. He can't just concentrate on one little part of the stream, he needs to feel the whole. As he realises that, he slowly senses the entirety of the stream.

He senses the spring, deep in the woods where the water bubbles between rocks and out onto the earth. He can even sense below that, between the rocks, the deep pool of water slowly being fed by snowmelt in the distance and simultaneously being forced up out of the ground by the rocks as they ever so slowly move together. And he feels the stream as it meanders through the woods. He senses the fauna coming to it to drink, he senses the flora that are fed by it. He senses the stream shoot out over a waterfall and fly for a brief time before falling back to earth in a spray of life.

He feels the gentle winding, without haste or purpose as it gently flows downwards until it eventually reaches another larger stream and merges with it. Rhory follows this down further until it eventually enters the sea, where me encounters something so vast that he instinctively pulls back from it, though not before he notices the distinct difference between the fresh water of the spring and the salty water of the sea.

Come back to me he seems to hear Mina whisper in his mind as he slowly pulls his awareness back into himself and just enjoys the stream itself. As he opens his eyes, he can still feel the stream meandering away without cares as he looks down into the eyes of the lady in his arms and smiles contentedly.
    Admin
    Admin
    Admin

Post  Admin Thu Jun 09, 2011 1:28 am

She sighs contentedly and merges her feelings to you, letting you feel her joy, her deep affection, the warmth your body causes deep within her. You get a flash of mischeviousness though. You don't understand why it'd be mischevious until you feel her splash water, rather COLD stream water, at your side and face. She gets up, dancing a bit away from you and grins.

Think you can keep up? She begins to run along the stream bed, spashing water into the air where it glistens like droplets of a rainbow in the sunlight.
    Rhory Locke
    Rhory Locke

Post  Rhory Locke Thu Jun 09, 2011 1:38 am

Rhory jumps up and begins the chase, laughing all the while at how happy he seems, at the pure joy of nature around him. Everything seems more alive to him now. From the water kicked up by Mina's feet as she runs to the dappled sunlight falling between the trees.

So he gives chase. And yet Mina seems to be always ahead of him, no matter how hard he chases. Then, remembering the stream, he cuts left through the trees as a bird watches serenely from the branches above. Suddenly, there in front of him is the stream again, after it had cut a long bend and meandered back where he was.

And there was Mina running towards him, but with her head turned and her eyes looking behind her. Rhory stepped out from behind the trees and caught her just as she ran by, sweeping her up in his arms.

Tricked you, dearest one he said with a smile and a cheeky grin.
    Admin
    Admin
    Admin

Post  Admin Thu Jun 09, 2011 1:45 am

Breathless, she turns to face you the instant you catch her. She pouts ever so slightly, which of course makes her lips look all the more enticing.

So you have, my heart.

Your faces are less than a half a foot apart from one another as you stand there pressed against each other in the stream.

It seems you are picking up on things even faster than I am now!

Your emotions are still linked to hers even if the link is not active, and you feel a wave of primal longing running through her while she focuses on your arms around her. Her lips brush your cheek lightly as a butterfly's wings.

I know Mother lead me to you, and for that I am eternally grateful.

She stands on her tip toes and kisses your forehead with great affection.

Thank you.
    Rhory Locke
    Rhory Locke

Post  Rhory Locke Thu Jun 09, 2011 1:58 am

As she kisses his forehead, Rhory places his hands on either side of her face and gently pulls her face down until she is level with his. No, it is I should be thanking you. For making me who I truly am and not what I once was. He can feel the longing, that primal urge burning through every fiber of his being as he comes to grasp the renewal of life, the endless cycle that as one life is taken by the Reaper, the Mother brings forth the new. That creation is just as powerful as destruction. More so in fact, because creation brings forth something new from nothing, whereas destruction only ends that which was made. And yet from death, from decay, new life springs in an endless cycle of renewal.

With all this inside of him, he picks Mina up in his arms and carries her to the side of the stream and lays her down on a bed of leaves. Kneeling down beside her he leans over and looks deeply into her eyes. With their emotions linked, he feels the imperative urge of the Mother driving both of them on as he leans down and tenderly kisses her neck, her face and eventually her lips.

Last edited by Rhory Locke on Thu Jun 09, 2011 2:04 am; edited 1 time in total
    Admin
    Admin
    Admin

Post  Admin Thu Jun 09, 2011 2:01 am

*** Narrator draws magical curtains out of no where to give those two a bit of privacy ***
    Admin
    Admin
    Admin

Post  Admin Thu Jun 09, 2011 2:08 am

Blissfully breathless, you and she feel the pulse of Mother coursing through both of you as your hearts beat as one. She rests her cheek over your heart, completely content.

In all of my years, I never expected life to be so perf....

Her eyes lose the whites as her mind swirls far away from yours. She starts to tremble violently and her bright green eyes roll backward disturbingly. She shakes for what seems to be an age, then suddenly blood appears on her side below her ribcage from no wound. It pours out unnaturally quickly. Your instincts are screaming to stop this.
    Rhory Locke
    Rhory Locke

Post  Rhory Locke Thu Jun 09, 2011 2:12 am

One moment, Rhory is lying next to Mina in bliss, the next he is scrambling to his knees in a panic as her life's blood positively pours out of her. He reaches deep within himself, searching for something in his memory, that shared memory that he so recently discovered... something that might show him how to stop this.
    Admin
    Admin
    Admin

Post  Admin Thu Jun 09, 2011 2:16 am

You feel your mind thrown into hers. She is the middle of one of the most intense green dreams she's ever known. You see a tendril of green connecting her back to the earth that seems to be fueling the vision. You see a man in black with a deep stab wound in his side at the exact same spot that Mina is losing her life. You know you have to break the connection or at least lessen it. She is too connected to the green dream that she takes the fate of those in it upon herself. You are running out of time.
    Rhory Locke
    Rhory Locke

Post  Rhory Locke Thu Jun 09, 2011 2:24 am

With a sudden flash of insight from a memory lodged deep within himself, Rhory pictures a dagger in his mind. But not a dagger of steel, instead a dagger of obsidian, glittering in his mind. He pushes the image out from himself until it becomes faintly visible in the air in front of him, as if seen through a deep smoky haze.

He reaches out and grasps the smoky dagger in his right hand, drawing it through the air, leaving a smoky trail behind it. Swiftly he reaches underneath Mina to the tendril of green connecting her to the Earth and attempts to cut it with the insubstantial knife.
    Admin
    Admin
    Admin

Post  Admin Thu Jun 09, 2011 2:27 am

The instant the blade touches the link, you are thrown rather violently out of her mind, but you see she has been released from the vision and the bleeding has stopped. Mina is shaking rather violently from the vision.

They..... they have returned....
    Rhory Locke
    Rhory Locke

Post  Rhory Locke Thu Jun 09, 2011 2:33 am

Rhory pulls her to him in a fierce yet tender embrace. "Are you alright my love?" he asks with concern in his voice, "what happened? What did you see?"
    Admin
    Admin
    Admin

Post  Admin Thu Jun 09, 2011 2:36 am

They... they have returned in the north. They have killed wildlings and crows alike. They just killed another scouting party. I can feel the man's life waning and I can't help him.... She begins to cry heavily, feeling guilty for not being able to save him.
    Rhory Locke
    Rhory Locke

Post  Rhory Locke Thu Jun 09, 2011 2:40 am

"There is nothing you can do, my love, in fact it almost killed you." But he still held her close and pushed comfort and love to her through their bond. He waits patiently for his love to recover her composure enough to tell him what she has seen.
    Admin
    Admin
    Admin

Post  Admin Thu Jun 09, 2011 2:43 am

They are searching... I'm not sure for what. They are digging up the graves of the damned... the ones you call The Others. The dead rise and walk again... and it will be the end of this land if it is not stopped soon. None but we remember the old ways and what actually works to harm them.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:58 pm